Bao Nguyen‘s practice focuses on fraud litigation, including the prosecution of qui tam actions filed under the California Insurance Frauds Prevention Act. He has worked on a variety of different fraud cases, in which he has engaged in extensive law and motions, complex discovery matters, and trial preparation. Bao is a detail-oriented and tenacious litigator who does not shy away from conflict.
Prior to joining Knox Ricksen LLP, Bao’s practice concentrated on a variety of different civil litigation matters, including contractual disputes, copyright law, trade secret issues, and employment law.
- “A One-Two Punch: WCAB Enables Carriers to Pause Collection Efforts for Fraudulent Bills and to Investigate Fraudulent Billing Practices,” Knox Ricksen Client Update, July 26, 2021
- “People ex rel. Allstate Ins. Co. v. Suh – Claims Made by “Sham” Law Firms are Fraudulent,” Knox Ricksen Client Update, February 7, 2020
- Anti-Fraud Alliance, Member (2017 – present)
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2015
- Senior Articles Editor, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2015
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., Honors, English, 2012
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list in Northern California (2020-2021)